1st BRIGAID International Conference proceedings and presentations now available!
You can now download the proceedings and presentations of the BRIGAID fist International Conference, that was held in Venice on the 9th and 10th of November 2017.
The conference aimed to provide a better insight on how to foster the role of end-users for an improved development of climate resilience innovations.
Floods, droughts and extreme weather form climate disaster threats requiring increasing attention in Europe and elsewhere. Innovations are required to get better prepared. BRIGAID facilitates the dialogue between innovators and end-users by providing practical tools and hands-on support for more effective development of innovations, supporting technical, social and market readiness. The conference was particularly useful to learn more on how end-users involvement can drive innovations’ scouting and implementation processes and how this involvement can be facilitated by BRIGAID.
A sample of innovations supported by BRIGAID and the main BRIGAID frameworks and methods to support the development of innovations were introduced. Moreover, a number of end-users across Europe presented how they are coping with adaptation to increasing natural disasters and explained why end-users are key actors in bringing new products, new processes and new forms of organization into adaptation solutions to climatic events..
Access to the presentations:
- Introduction to BRIGAID, by Dr. Bas Jonkman, from TU Delft (Netherlands)
- Recycling of Agro-Industrial Wastewaters using an Integrated System, by Dr. Iggy Litaor, from MIGAL (Israel)
- The BRIGAID’s Test and Implementation Framework, by Dr. Rob Bellamy, from University of Oxford (United Kingdom)
- The Toolkit Method, by Francesco Lanza, from Thetis (Italy) (Netherlands)
- Action plan in case of accident at the protection dikes, by Ir. Dan Constantin from NAAR (Romania) and Dr. Catalin Popescu from Aquaproiect (Romania)
- Innovative developments related to Smart Green Roofs, by Dr. Patrick Willems, from KU Leuven (Belgium)
- How to embrace innovative ideas from within the organisation?, by Mr. Michel van Haersma Buma, from Delfland Water Board (Netherlands)
- Venice/MOSE Technology, development and innovation for coastal and environmental defence.
- Requirements for wildfire impact reduction,by Ir. Rui Almeida, from Institute of Nature Conservation and Forests (Portugal). Please, contact email@example.com to request this presentation.
- Impacts of extreme rainfall to transport networks, by Dr. Nicolaos Theodossiu, from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece)
Download the proceedings: